Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Day 2010

Snow is quite a rarity around here.  The last time we had snow was 14 years ago, so when they announced on the news Thursday that we could expect snow the next day, I was understandably skeptical.  It did, however, snow.  We had a beautiful steady snow for about 3 or 4 hours on Friday.  Of course it had rained all night, so any snow that landed in water or very wet ground immediately melted.  And what did stick, didn't stick long.  But, it snowed, and around here we'll take what we can get!

I threw on my robe over my sleep clothes and tucked Aaron inside with me.  We stuck a hat on his head and out we went to let him experience the falling snow.  Of course he had no idea what this white stuff was falling from the sky!  But then, he let out squeals of delight and started just bouncing in my arms with excitement!  Ron took a couple of pictures of us to document the experience.  So, until it snows again . . . many years from now . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment