Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Do Your Friends Know You Love Them?

I received a phone call yesterday from our pastor . . .  A lady from Church went Home yesterday.  I knew she was having some problems, but had no idea just how serious they were.  She had open heart surgery Monday.  They were unable to restart her heart.  Her left ventricle just wouldn't pump.  She was put on a heart/lung bypass, which was removed yesterday, and shortly thereafter, she left us.

There are no words that can truly convey the essence of this wonderful woman.  She was always so vibrant and full of life.  Always with a laugh and smile.  Always with a hug or caring word.  I loved her so dearly, and I never told her.  I'm not even sure I realized the extent of my love for her until yesterday afternoon when I received that phone call.

This is a case where our loss is her gain.  She has something so much more wonderful now, but the world is left a little worse off without her in it.  I just wish I'd told her how much she means to me while I could.  I hope somehow she knew . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment