Monday, April 11, 2011

A Day at the Park


As I was snapping pictures of Aaron at the park on Saturday morning, I couldn't help but think that if a picture is worth a thousand words, then what is a memory worth?  I wondered if there was a time before cameras when moms simply enjoyed a day at the park with their children . . . without strategizing how to get the perfect shot?  But then I realized that moms of that era probably still didn't enjoy simple days at the park . . . they were probably too busy scrubbing their clothes by the stream or some other task that is now so conveniently simple for us!

So, I snapped pictures climbing . . .  I snapped pictures sliding . . .  I snapped pictures swinging . . .  I snapped pictures spinning on the merry-go-round . . .

And I hope that someday as Aaron looks at these pictures he'll remember I'm in every one . . . behind the camera . . .

And I hope he'll remember I put the camera down and played . . .


Ron right there beside him . . . just in case!




Ron and Aaron spinning on the Merry-Go-Round

No comments:

Post a Comment