Friday, April 1, 2011

A Blue Angels Weekend

OK, so I'm a little behind.  Yes, it was almost two weeks ago, but better late than never . . . right?

So, March 19 and 20th the Blue Angels Air Show was at Keesler Air Force Base.  We have never been before, and decided this year was the year.  We spent the entire day there, and it was very enjoyable.  I did not get any pictures like this:

But I did get these:

Hurricane Hunter

Ron & Aaron coming out of the Hurricane Hunter

Ron and Aaron in the Helicopter

Me and Aaron in the Helicopter

Aaron at the controls of the Helicopter

Budwiser Clydesdales

Parachuters

We saw several different planes on exhibit.  And they showed many different planes in air.  Some did dips and dives, twirls and spins, and smoke rings in the air.  Others, like the F-16s, simply flew by with all of their power reverberating through the ground right up into your very being.  These were Ron's favorites I think.  Eventually Aaron became quite tired . . .

They saved the Blue Angels for last, and I must admit, they were QUITE impressive!  I took a few pictures before my battery gave out . . .  Then I just sat back and enjoyed the show!

I will definitely want to go again next year . . . with a hat!  We were well prepared with sun block, and Ron and Aaron both had hats.  Why did I forget about that part in my hair?  I was remembering it well when my scalp blistered and began peeling later in the week!

As for Aaron, it definitely made an impression.  He awoke the next morning with one question, "Airpanes today?"

You can see more pictures here!

No comments:

Post a Comment