Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Some Weekends are Just About Perfect

This past weekend was just about perfect.

Aaron started my weekend off on the right note by allowing me to sleep until 8:30 on Saturday morning (Ron worked Saturday).  I can't remember the last time that happened!

Shortly after we had breakfast, there was a knock at our front door.  My oldest niece, Linzey, wanted to know if she could play with Aaron (we live directly across the driveway from my brother and sister-in-law).  I love having Linzey over, and she spent most of the day with us.

Aaron and Linzey played all day.  I think the highlight for them was getting wet while I was washing the car, followed by playing in a nice warm bath.

We topped the evening off by having dinner with my parents at their camp on the creek.  We have a family dinner every Saturday evening, but there were a few more guests this time, because it was my 2nd niece's 4th birthday.  I cuddled my newest niece and gave her a bottle, and just enjoyed the time spent with family.

Sunday morning we went to Church.  On a sad note, Aaron had to be taken out of Church twice, but after the second time, he decided he could sit still.  After Church we had Chinese for lunch.  Then on the way home we stopped by our property and took a really long 4-wheeler ride.

When we arrived home, Linzey was outside practicing t-ball.  She brought over her T, bat, and ball, and she helped Aaron hit a few balls - which he loved!

The evening was topped off when Ron grilled a couple of steaks.  I say all the time that Ron may not do anything else right, but he can sure cook a steak!  Dinner was steaks and baked sweet potatoes.  Mmmmm!

It was one of those weekends where if someone asked what you did, you'd say, "Nothing."  But, it was as close to perfect as you could get.  And besides, Linzey taught Aaron some important life lessons - like how to climb a tree and pick flowers for Mommy!






No comments:

Post a Comment