Monday, March 15, 2010

What a Busy Weekend!

This weekend went by in a whirlwind of busyness for me . . .

I woke at 7 a.m. Saturday morning, and by 8:30 I had a load of laundry washed and ready to go on the line, and I had my car washed!  Ron came home from work and waxed my car for me.  Before the day was over, I'd washed a total of 3 loads of laundry, hung them out to dry, and gotten two loads in.  Ron got the last load for me.  I mopped the floors.  I cleaned the bathroom.  I washed the dishes.  We briefly attended a birthday party next door.  Aaron and I attended the baby shower I was helping host at my mom's house.

In spite of what I felt was a lot of last minute planning, the shower turned out quite well.  Naomi made a cute horse cake, and the punch was both tasty and a pretty cloudy blue.
Sunday we went to church and then we stopped by our property afterward.  We began painting our pump house quite a while back, and we decided to try and finish it.  We first applied primer on the last of the bare spots, and then we broke out the paint.  We used a whole gallon of paint, and the pump house is now a nice country shade of green.  It looks quite nice.  We do still need to put a second coat on a small section, but since we'd finished off a gallon of paint and it was time to head home, we decided that last little bit of second coating will wait until we paint our shed (soon) the same lovely color of green.  And, while we were beautifying the outbuildings of our future home, Aaron was entertaining himself by using the stepladder as an assisted walking apparatus.  Hey . . . whatever makes him (safely) happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment