Friday, March 12, 2010

I Used to be So Organized


There was a time I was the master of organization.  I reconciled my bank accounts and credit cards weekly, if not more often.  I never ran out of anything.  I had my menus planned.  My house was clean and organized.  You get the picture.  I was a bit OCD.

S o o o o o, what happened?  Well my downhill slide began after Hurricane Katrina.  Nothing like losing your home to a hurricane and moving into a much smaller place (not to mention a touch of depression, I think) to knock you on your butt.  But, I gradually began regaining my sanity and organization.

Then . . .  I found out I was pregnant.  I still managed to hold it together until rather close to the end.  And then, my organization went down the tubes again.  I spent the first year of Aaron's life feeling rather overwhelmed by all that was required of me.  Aaron is 14+ months old now, and I finally feel like I'm starting to get it under control again.

My main area of weakness now is in planning events (which I love to do).  Remember how OCD I am?  I like the events I plan to go perfectly and smoothly.  I, along with my sister and two cousins, am planning a baby shower.  This event is happening tomorrow.  I feel like I'm skating in just under the wire.  I just purchased the game gifts, the punch supplies, the chip and dip, and a gift for the baby.  So, I've got it all together . . . right?  Nope, I just realized, upon a phone call from my sister, that I forgot to send invitations to two people who should have gotten invited!  YIKES!  I feel awful.

I'm really going to get this thing called life back in order.  I am.  And the next time I plan an event, I'm going to do much better . . .

On the other hand, here's the punch recipe I'm using for tomorrow.  It sounds good and looks cute (though ours will be without the rubber duckies).

1 comment:

  1. I'm always forgetting stuff like that when I 'm planning events. In fact, most of the time it feels strange when I don't forget something! I hope your shower is a success :)

    ReplyDelete