Tuesday, December 28, 2010

2010 Christmas in Review . . .

This is my third Christmas with Aaron, but in many ways, it feels like my first.  After all, Aaron was only three days old his first Christmas, which means he slept through it.  At only a year old for his second Christmas, he didn't really know what was going on.  This year, however, he had a lot more understanding, and we all had a lot more fun!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Christmas with the Family:

On December 21st, we had Christmas with my parents and siblings.  After dinner, Papa had to take a bathroom break, and wouldn't you know it!  That's when Santa decided to come!  He arrived at the front door driving Papa's side by side.  Aaron was terrified of Santa.  He wrapped his arms around my neck and just cried.  We all rode on the side by side with Santa, and Aaron was OK for the ride - probably because Linzey (5 yrs) and McKayla (almost 4 yrs) were BOTH between him and Santa!  LOL

While on the ride, Linzey and McKayla seemed to be in a constant state of contemplating whether we were really riding with Santa or Papa playing Santa.  I told them, "It's Santa!  He's very busy this time of year, but he took time out of his busy schedule just to see us!"  Linzey:  "Well, he didn't come last year."  Me:  "I know.  He's really busy this time of year.  Do you know how many cookies I had to send to bribe him into coming down here?"  Linzey:  "Millions!"

When we got back to the front porch, Nana had come out to see Santa.  She got up on the side by side with him, and then she kissed him!  And, my SIL got it on film (can we still say that now that cameras are digital?)! A couple minutes after we got back inside Papa got back from the bathroom.  Both girls tackled him!  "Papa was that you or Santa outside?"  Papa:  "What?!?  Santa came while I was gone?"  And then, Linzey showed him the picture!  Papa couldn't believe it!  How could we let Nana kiss Santa?  To which Linzey proclaimed, "Don't look at me!  I didn't take the picture!"  LOL

We had a great time opening gifts.  Aaron opened three gifts in a row, and when he saw Aunt Candace pull the next gift from under the tree, he threw out his hands and said, "Mine!"  :-)  Unfortunately, that one wasn't his!  I was a bit crafty this Christmas.  I decorated lamps for Linzey and McKayla, and I put together a really nice collage frame for my parents.  I at least got a couple of pictures of the lamps:



~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Christmas - Just the Three of Us:

Ron had to work Christmas Day, so Christmas occurred a day early at our house!  On our Christmas Eve (the 23rd just in case I've confused you), we let Aaron pull the top two items from his stocking - a new toothbrush and a new set of Thomas the Train pajamas!  On Christmas morning as I cooked breakfast, Ron helped Aaron dig the last two items out of his stocking - two cars!
They must go with the huge unwrapped gift from Santa!  Ron and Aaron played as I finished breakfast.
After breakfast, Aaron opened his last gift from Daddy and Mommy . . . a phone!  He always wanted to play with Mommy's, so now he has his own!  :-)

Hello everyone!  And I hope your Christmas was as great as ours!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a great Christmas!!! I love Aaron's face on the phone :0) And what a tiny little thing he is way too cute!

    ReplyDelete